Friday 31 August 2012

Refashion Friday Inspiration: Contrast Collar Sleeveless Shirt/Blouse


This blouse maybe one of those creations that looks better on a body than a mannequin, but you get the idea. It's a super simple denim shirt remake with some subtle features and proportions that aim to transform the original masculine, boxy garment into something more feminine and sexy. 


The original denim was re-cut using a standard fitted blouse pattern. There are bust darts and darts that bring shape to the waist in the front and back, all of which create a curvy silhouette. As with almost all of my shirt/blouse refashions/remakes, the original hem has been retained, accept this time I've gone for a longer length which would look ace with leggings or capri pants. 


I've cut the armholes so that a lot of shoulder is showing, which I feel is a really sexy feature. The small contrast Peter Pan collar in ditsy floral Liberty print was self-drafted and applied to finish the neckline to bring some cuteness without (hopefully!) being too juvenile. Maybe it's because I grew up in the 1990's, but I feel the contrasting combination of faded, tough denim with delicate, feminine florals works well. I added a ditsy floral sash belt-tie to emphasise the nipped in waist even more. 


5 comments:

Kirsty said...

Love this. So cute!

Charity Shop Chic said...

Really nice! Love the print you chose.

I refashioned a denim shirt recently and I ended up changing the collar too (I guess great minds think alike) -- except I used LEATHER!

http://charityshopchic.wordpress.com/2012/08/24/designs-on-denim-part-1/

Sew little time said...

that's so cute!

Bex said...

I squealed a little bit when I saw this in my reader this morning. This is adorable, and I want one! Love the denim & ditsy floral combo, love the halter-cut shoulders, love the Peter Pan collar. What a fresh, of-the-moment, insprirational refashion!

Elisalex said...

This is great! I too am really digging the 90s vibe here, the colours even reminded me a little of Brittany Murphy in Clueless! Love how high up on the bust the pockets sit too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...